The ajority (90%) of cases involving hypertension has no identifiable cause. This form of hypertension is termed "essential hypertension". Other cases of hypertension that do have an identifiable cause is termed "secondary hypertension". .
The main cause for secondary hypertension is kidney disease, but can also be due to coarctation of the aorta, endocrine disorders, and pregnancy (eclampsia). .
- Rule out any causes of hypertension before treating as essential hypertension.
- Never atempt to treat severe (170/110) hypertension with herbal or natural medicines exclusively. This is a medical emergency.
1. Promote Dilation Of The Blood Vessels
- Smooth Muscle Relaxants
2. Increase Elimination Through The Kidneys
- Diuretics (Gentle)
3. Lifestyle Changes
Reduce stress and anxiety, and promote relaxation through lifestyle changes, and relaxation techniques. Excercise regularily.
Herbs For Hypertension:
- hawthorn -cardiotonic
- allium sativum
- coleus - antiplatelt (use only coleus containing forskolin)
- valeriana - vasodilator
- olea europea
- cramp bark - vasorelaxant, smooth muscle relaxant
- dandilion - diuretic high potassium
- tilia flowers
- viscum album
Hypertension Sample Formula:
The Sunlight Experiment
Updated: May 2017
Recent Blog Posts:
Ayahuasca is a blend of 2 Amazonian plants, brewed to produce one of the most psychoactive substances in the world. It's commonly used in the treatment of drug addiction, chronic depression, and anxiety disorders but has also seen a surge in global interest for non-medical reasons.
L-Tyrosine is a popular addition to nootropic formula. It serves as the building block for the neurotransmitters dopamine, adrenalin, and noradrenaline and thus plays a significant role in the stress response. Learn how you can use L-Tyrosine in your nootropic stack.
The word sarsaparilla rings a bell in many peoples mind. It is a common, and popular herb in both western and traditional Chinese herbalism, and is one of the key ingredients in the traditional root beer recipe... But what exactly is sarsaparilla? What is it used for, and is there any evidence?
Alpha-GPC is a popular addition to many nootropic formulas, yet is not well understood by the consumer market. What makes this addition so important and why should you consider adding it to your nootropic stack?
Catuaba is the common name of over 8 unrelated species of plants. Learn the difference between these species so that you know which ones to use and which ones to avoid.
Yerba maté is a popular beverage in South America, which has spread all over the world. The stimulating actions of the tea make it popular among students, entrepreneurs, and as a social or morning ritual.
- Bone, K. (2013). Principles and practice of phytotherapy : Modern herbal medicine (2nd ed. ed.). London: Elsevier Health Sciences UK.